She has been a feminist since age 5 and was already a union activist working on wages, working conditions and the image of women and minorities in film and TV as Co-Chair of the AFTRA Women’s Committee when she joined NOW.
- Chair of the Labor Task Force: Organized Sunkist Lemon Demonstration/Grape Boycott for Farm Workers
- Chair of the Media Committee: Lead national letter writing campaign to keep Cagney & Lacey on TV. Written about in the book “Defining Women: Television and the Case of Cagney & Lacey on (pages 44, 87 & 88) by Julie D’Acci
- As a student at Los Angeles Valley College, established the Commissioner of Women’s Concerns seat on the student council, organized rallies and “teach ins” for the ERA and Reproductive Rights
- Los Angeles delegate to the California NOW Board and served on the CANOW PAC
- Convened (founded) the Hollywood Chapter of NOW, served as acting President, Former Executive Vice President, Hollywood NOW and Vice President Action, chapter delegate to the CANOW Board and Chair the CANOW Media Reform Committee
- CA State Coordinator for a campaign for a US Department of Peace and Nonviolence